[ANNOUNCE] Events For This Week

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Wed Jul 25 13:16:10 CDT 2007

     DISCLAIMER: Check Web Sites for Cancellations, Changes, Fees and Updates
23 Jul 2007              Monday    -  5:00 PM -  7:00 PM

            UICLUG - University of Illinois Chicago Linux Users Group
                              http://lug.cs.uic.edu/

24 Jul 2007              Tuesday   -  * JULY MEETING WAS HELD ON THE 9TH *

                          STLRUBY - St. Louis Ruby Group
                             http://www.stlruby.org/

                          Tuesday   -  6:30 PM -  9:00 PM

                    GAMUG-SP - Gateway Area MacIntosh Users Group
                              http://www.gamug.org/

                   Support Professionals Special Interest Group

                                   Nerinx Hall
                   530 E Lockwood Ave, Webster Groves, MO 63119

                          Tuesday   -  6:30 PM -  9:00 PM

                       HZWLUG - Hazelwood Linux Users Group
                             http://hzwlug.sluug.org/

                         ** For the Newcomers to Linux **
                     LAB Setup and Unstructured Time - 6:30pm
                      Welcome, Introduction & Admin - 7:00pm
                       Questions and Answer Period - 7:10pm

                   *** Bring Your Access Point and Computer ***
                 TOPIC: Updated Information CD-ROM Disc - 7:30 PM
                                        OR
                        Whatever the Linux Newcomer Wants

                          Prairie Commons Branch Library
                   915 Utz Lane (between Howdershell and Dunn)
                               Hazelwood, MO 63042

                          Tuesday   -  * MEETING CANCELLED *

                      LUCI - Linux Users of Central Illinois
                               http://www.luci.org/

25 Jul 2007              Wednesday -  * NO MORE MEETINGS IN JULY *

              SCORCC-N2 - South County Older Residents Computer Club
                              http://www.scorcc.org/

                          Wednesday -  5:15 PM -  9:00 PM

              UHACC - Unix Hobbyists' Administrators' & Coders' Club
                              http://www.uhacc.org/

                              Bloomington, IL 61701

                          Wednesday -  6:30 PM -  8:30 PM+

                        STLSEC - St. Louis Security Group
                            http://security.sluug.org/

                  TOPIC: Continued Examination of Snort and BASE
                     by Chris Byrd, CISSP, and Mark Buchanan

                             * USE LEFT MOST DOORS *
                                 1 SAVVIS Parkway
                            Town and Country, MO 63017

26 Jul 2007              Thursday -  10:00 AM -

              WCORCC-TM - West County Older Residents Computer Club
                            http://wcorcc.tripod.com/

                             Membership Fee Required
                      Tech Special Interest Group - 10:00 AM
                     TOPIC: Image Copy Technique for Backups
                                 by Steve DeLorey

                           Daniel Boone Branch Library
                     300 Clarkson Rd. (south of Clayton Rd.)
                            Ellisville, MO 63011-2222

                          Thursday  -  6:30 PM -  9:00 PM

                      STCLUG - St.Charles Linux Users Group
                             http://stclug.sluug.org/

           TOPIC: GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) Basic Tutorial
                            by Scott Nesler - 7:00 PM

                                 JJ's Restaurant
                          Hwy I-70 Exit 217, Hwy K South
                    200 Ft Zumwalt Square, O'Fallon, MO 63366

                          Thursday  -  7:00 PM -  9:00 PM

                  GAMUG-IT - Gateway Area Macintosh Users Group
                              http://www.gamug.org/

                      Indepth Topics Special Interest Group

                                     Nu-Chem
                       2200 Cassens Drive, Fenton, MO 63026

27 Jul 2007              Friday   -   8:30 AM - 11:30 AM

                       STLCRMUG - St. Louis CRM Users Group
                             http://www.stlcrmug.org/

                                Microsoft Offices
                             Three City Center Place