[ANNOUNCE] Schedule change for Tonight: "The Skills Nerds Need to Know" by Scott Granneman

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Wed Mar 12 13:03:26 CDT 2008

TONITE!!!

                                   at SLUUG's monthly general meeting
                                   at Graybar Electric.

Tutorial:
"Importing/Exporting Data Between Spreadsheets and Databases"
   by Lee Lammert

Presentation:
"The Skills Nerds Need to Know!"
   by Scott Granneman

A presentation on "how to give an effective presentation".  We geeks
know all this technology but do we use it effectivly to communicate?
Scott will clue us in to improvements.

PLUS a followup on the much loved presentation Scott gave us in December
2004 on "Social Software".   "Social Software" are the new Internet
tools and websites that provide new, unconventional ways of connecting
to other people of similar interests.

Scott Granneman is an IT consultant who lives in St. Louis.
Scott also teaches at Washington University.  He is a former
Vice president of SLUUG.  His many presentations at SLUUG meetings
have all been VERY well recieved!

AND...Lee Lammert's tutorial on

    Importing/Exporting Data Between Spreadsheets and Databases

Lee is the chief scientist of OmniTec Corp., a network integration
service company.   He is the current treasurer and a member of the board
of SLUUG.  Lee has previously given SLUUG presentations on
chroot jails and a tutorial on mail headers.

Tutorial @ 6:30   Q&A @ 7:00   Main presentation @ 7:30