[ANNOUNCE] Events fo This Week (tommorrow)

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Mon Aug 16 17:12:53 CDT 2010

Sorry it is piecemeal again but I figured I should get out the
stuff for tommorrow ASAP.  More later.

If you need to check later in the week, ASAP, see the calender @
http://www.sluug.org/resources/calendar/

Editor's pick = 7pm. Future of Brain Computer Interfaces
                     Academy of Science

				Tues. 17 Aug

STLHDI - Help Desk Institute
When: 11:45am . 1:15pm

Event:	August Chapter Meeting
Location:	Enterprise Holdings 500 Building
Comments:	Sophie Klossner to St. Louis
                "The Power of Community"!
URL:	http://hdistlouis.com/RSVPrequest.aspx

SCORCC-CM - Computer Media SIG
1pm . 3pm
4544 Lemay Ferry Road, St. Louis, MO 63129 (map)
Media
Special Interest Group County Government Center See
http://www.scorcc.org/

Hiatus - STLISSA - Information Systems Security Association
WhenTue, August 17, 2pm . 4pm
Description** *NO MEETING JULY OR AUGUST 2010* ** STLISSA - St. Louis
Chapter - Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) See
http://stl.issa.org

HIATUS - STLOSUG - St. Louis OpenSolaris Users Group
6pm . 8pm
4633 World Pkwy Cir St Louis, MO 63134 (map)
IT Enterprises

** *NO MEETINGS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE* **

See http://solaris.sluug.org/

MWG - MidWest Geeks
7pm . 9pm
1909 S Brentwood Blvd Brentwood, MO 63144 (map)
St. Louis Bread Company - Brentwood

http://www.meetup.com/MWGeeks/

As of today they have their 6 RSVP required to meet.

Academy of Science St. Louis
WhenTue, August 17, 7:00pm . 8:30pm
Where: Missouri History Museum, 5700 Lindell Blvd., St. Louis, Missouri
63112
@ DeBaliviere in Forest Park

See http://www.academyofsciencestl.org/events/

Mind Over Matter: The Future of Brain Computer Interfaces

Featured Speaker: Eric C. Leuthardt, MD

FREE and OPEN to ALL. Middle and high school students welcome. Parking
free in Museum lots or in Forest Park.

Featured Speaker: Eric C. Leuthardt, MD,Assistant Professor of
Neurological Surgery and Biomedical Engineering and Director, Center for
Innovation in Neuroscience and Technology, Washington University School
of Medicine, Department of Neurological Surgery; 2007 Academy of Science
Innovation Award recipient

Over the last decade the idea of machines that can be controlled by
one's thoughts has emerged from the realm of fiction to one of serious
scientific inquiry. These types of devices hold tremendous promise for
improving the quality of life of individuals who are cognitively intact
yet motor impaired. Join Eric Leuthardt, M.D., assistant professor of
Neurological Surgery and Biomedical Engineering at Washington
University, as he discusses human brain signals, how these signals are
decoded, the implications they hold for brain computer interfaces, and
how the world will change when we can control devices with our thoughts
alone.

Presented in conjunction with the History Museum gallery installation,
The Americans with Disabilities Act: Twenty Years Later, on display at
the Missouri History Museum, June 26, 2010 . June 6, 2011.