[ANNOUNCE] This Week's Events. 2600, CWElug, Android

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Thu Sep 30 16:50:32 CDT 2010

(This time edited by Noah & Gary.)

Editor's picks  =

Fri.  2600 hackers mtng.
Sun.  CWElug
Tues. GJUG does ANDROID.
Wed.  Steering Committee (all invited)

This weekend we have two monthly events (of which two are BYOB).

Kicking off the new month, the scary month, the day that Watergate
cover-up trial began in 1974, the day the Concorde 001 Test flight
breaks the sound barrier in 1969, Henry Ford introduces the Model T car
1908... okay I'm over it...

                        Friday  1  October

STL's very own 2600 union (meet)

Friday, 01 OCT 10 @ 1800L - Open to all who would like to come

Lets kick it off with some paranoia, some phreakin an' tweakin at the
STL 2600 meet at ArchReactor.   We'll start at 1800L and go 'til we get
bored.

http://archreactor.org/location

2400 S. Jefferson
St. Louis, MO 63104
314 596-2531

                       Saturday   1 October

I know I said two, but there's also the

T3 - Techies Teaching Techies - Membership may be required

Saturday, 02 OCT 10 @ 0830-1200L

This Saturday kicks off Security+ training. Every Information Technology
Professional should maintain currency in all these topics. This is the
locking your car doors of IT.

http://www.techiesteachingtechies.com/directions.php

Suite 516
The Euclid Plaza Building
625 N. Euclid
St. Louis, MO 63108

10am-11:30am

Washington U Physics lectures of October
Crow Hall Rm 210 (under the silver telescope dome)

Revolutionary Theories : How do we test them?

The Scientific Method
                       by  `Professor John Rigden
Science makes progress through the dynamic interplay
between empirical observations and conceptual explanations. I will
discuss four examples: three from the past and one from the present.
These examples will explicitly illustrate the scientific method which,
in turn, will implicitly suggest that methods of science rest upon some
basic human needs.

                    Sunday  3 Oct

After all is said and done, lets review what we know at the.....

Central West End Linux User Group (CWELUG) meet & workshop

1300-1700L

1L00pm-4pm

************ NEW LOCATION CONFIRMED *********************

So after cramming/slamming what you can with everything else through out
the week, lets decompress together in a 4 hour geek/work session. This
weekend will crown the new location at the ArchReator. And afterwards,
AR has an open Electronics & Hardware Hacking session for those
kronically ill with Geek/Nerdness.

NEW LOCATION

ArchReactor
http://archreactor.org/location

2400 S. Jefferson
St. Louis, MO 63104
314 596-2531

                      Tuesday,  5  October
6:00pm
 FLEX - STL Adobe Users Group, Flex and Fuse the Arch
 6pm . 8pm
 3260 Hampton Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63139
 Skeleton Key Consulting

 http://fafta.groups.adobe.com/

 6:00pm
  GGUG - Gateway Groovy Users Group
  6pm . 7pm
             Same location and immediately before JUG meetin @7pm.
  http://www.gatewayjug.org

  6:30pm
   MOSLUG - MO Open Source Linux Users Group
   6:30pm . 9:00pm
   Wired Coffee, 3860 South Lindbergh Blvd., Sunset Hills, Missouri
   63127
   http://groups.google.com/group/moslug

   Bring your machine or just bring yourself.  Drink coffee or
   try someones software & hardware or just sit and chat.  Maybe
   somebody knows "how to fix that".  ;-)

   7:00pm
    ASEMO - Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri
    7:00pm . 9:30pm
    http://asemonline.org/

    7:00pm
     GJUG - Gateway Java Users Group
     7:00pm . 8:30pm
     660 Mason Ridge Center, St. Louis, MO 63141 (map)
     Lutheran Hour Ministries building

     See http://www.gatewayjug.org

     Getting Started With Android

     Android2

     The Google Android mobile platform market is hot, hot hot!

     Many smartphone makers now have Android phones offered through all
     major wireless carriers. Android applications are written in Java
     (unlike that other popular smartphone platform), making it a
     perfect platform on which you can leverage your Java skills.

     At this month's Gateway JUG meeting, we'll take a look at Getting
     Started with Android programming, covering the following topics:

         * Overview of The Android Platform
	     * Setting Up Your Development Tools
	         * Hello World, Android Style
		     * Android UI Fundamentals
		         * Fun With The Platform
			     * Next Steps

			     Speaker:  Jack Frosch

                         Wednesday  6 Oct

1:00pm
 SCORCC-WWP - Word/Word Perfect SIG
 1pm . 3pm
 County Government Center, 4544 Lemay Ferry Road, St. Louis, MO
 63129
 http://www.scorcc.org/ CHAIRPERSON: ALEX DOMBI (314)
 631-1587 sdombi at aol.com

 6:30pm
  SteerCom - St. Louis Unix Users Group
  6:30pm . 8:30pm
  10550 Old Olive Street Rd Saint Louis, MO 63141 (map)
  http://www.sluug.org/ for current information.

  The St. Louis Unix Users' Groups (SLUUG) Steering Committee

  This meeting is for monthly officer reports and general event
  planning..  Open to all members and anyone interested. Come help learn
  and decide what SLUUG does!

  7:00pm
   SILUG-ME
   7pm . 9pm
   Computer Room, 3720 Green Mount Crossing Dr., Shiloh, IL 62269

   http://www.silug.org/

                            Thursday, 7 October
   10:00am
    WCORCC-BI - Beginners SIG Internet SIG
    6:00pm
     STLLL - St. Louis Lambda Lounge
     6:30pm
      SLACC - St Louis Area Computer Club
      7:00pm
       STLGD - St. Louis Game Developers
       Friday, October 8
       10:00am
        SCORCC-DTP Desktop Publishing
	Saturday, October 9
	8:30am
	 T3 Techies Teaching Techies
	 9:00am
	  EPC Classic Carfest
	  12:00pm
	   DBUG - Data Bytes Users Group
	   6:00pm
	    ASEMO - Astronomical Society of Eastern Missouri