[ANNOUNCE] This Week's Events (only 2 days)

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Wed Jan 26 15:39:22 CST 2011

Sorry but just a quick look at tonite & tommorrow.      -the Editor

                           Wednesday, January 26
6:30pm
       VIM Geeks ???

 Wed, January 26, 6:30pm . 8:30pm
 3720 Green Mount Crossing Drive Shiloh, IL 62269
 Check web site to see if they are mtng this month. VENUE: Comptuer Room

 See http://www.vimgeeks.org

7:00pm
        TAP - Science on Tap -

	            - GIS (Geographic Information Systems) & Remote Sensing

  Wed, January 26, 7:00pm . 8:30pm
  7260 Southwest Ave., Maplewood, MO 63143
  Crown Room at the Schlafly Bottleworks

  See http://scienceontap.wustl.edu/

  This is a free event, but seating is limited and there are no reservations. We meet on the last Wednesday of the month during the academic year, usually from 7:00 - 8:30 PM..

  This month features Dr. Michael Frachetti, Assistant Professor of Anthropology at Washington University and Director of the Spatial Analysis, Interpretation and Exploration (SAIE) Laboratory, to discuss "Discovering the Roots of Civilization Using GIS and Remote Sensing". Professor Frachetti's students say: "[he is] one of the best professors I have ever had," "he has a zest for teaching--really smart and hilarious too!" Dr. Frachetti has traveled to the far reaches of the globe in his research, which has been featured in the New York Times. Come hear about his exciting work!

                          Thursday, January 27

All day
   Apollo 1 Accident - 1967
   Thursday, Jan 27, 2011
   See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_1

8:30am
    STLCRMUG - St. Louis CRM Users Group

    Thu, January 27, 8:30am . 11:30am
    3 City Place Drive, Creve Coeur, MO 63131
     http://www.stlcrmug.org/ Microsoft Offices Meets every other month.

10:00am
     WCORCC - Technical SIG Multimedia SIG

     Thu, January 27, 10am . 3pm
     Daniel Boone Branch Library
     http://wcorcc.tripod.com/
     Technical Forum SIG - 10:00 AM    Multimedia SIG - 1:00 PM

2:00pm
      Sachs Computer Club

      Thu, January 27, 2pm . 3pm
      16400 Burkhardt Pl., Chesterfield, MO 63017
      St. Louis County Sachs Branch Library

      Come join the new Sachs Computer Club every last Thursday of each month to discuss computer-related topics in a relaxed setting. This month we will discuss eBooks and the software that goes along with them. We will demonstrate how to search for eBooks and download to eBook readers. If you received a new eReader for the holidays, bring it along. Representatives from Barnes and Noble will be on hand to demonstrate the Nook and its features. Registration is required. Call 314-994-3300 to register.

5:30pm
       STL-AITP - Association of Information Technology Professionals

       Thu, January 27, 5:30pm . 8:30pm
       7750 Carondelet Avenue St. Louis, MO 63105
	http://www.stlouisaitp.org/

       We have monthly dinner meetings in St. Louis! These meeting are usually held the 4th Thursday of each month at the Crown Plaza in Clayton. These meetings features a social hour to network with our fellow IT professionals, dinner, and a speaker who presents a topic relevant to information technology.

6:00pm
        STLMD - St. Louis Mobile Dev

	Thu, January 27, 6:00pm . 8:30pm
	1701 Washington Ave, St Louis, MO 63103
        https://sites.google.com/site/stlmobiledev/

	STL Mobile Dev is a software development group for the St. Louis area focused on mobile platforms (iPhone, Android, webOS, etc). We meet on the 4th Thursday of the month at the downtown offices of Asynchrony Solutions, Inc.

6:30pm
	 StC LUG - St. Charles Linux Users Group

         Thu, January 27, 6:30pm . 9:30pm
	 200 Ft Zumwalt Square, O'Fallon, MO 63366

	 http://stclug.sluug.org.

	 Meet at JJ's Restaurant, off of Hwy I-70, Exit 217,
	 Hwy K South, take right at first light signal.