[ANNOUNCE] Alternate to STLLUG Meeting and Location Change - 19 September 2013

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Wed Sep 18 15:53:30 CDT 2013

SUBJECT Alternate to STLLUG Meeting and Location Change - 19 September 2013

There is a major change away from the monthly St. Louis Linux Users Group
meeting this Thursday (tomorrow).

> http://www.stllinux.org/

Instead of the usual location (i.e. IT Enterprises near Lambert Airport), there
will be a  meeting at Maggie O"Brien's, 2000 Market Street, St. Louis, MO.
This is at the next block west of Union Station downtown, starting at 6:30 PM.

The reason for the location change is the Strange Loop Conference is taking place
during the day, in Union Station just next door.   Many of our regular STLLUG
attendees are there and we hope to get a few new faces as this meeting will be
a target of opportunity.

Josh More, who was our speaker at the August SLUUG General Meeting (on Wed nite)
will be back with us.  Since this meeting is in a restaurant, the format will be
a bit different.  That is, we will have much less in the way of a presentation
and more of a give and take conversation. This Questions and Answer discussion
process is where we left off last month.

Additionally, Josh does have a NEW book out on computer security and will be
anxious to tell us all about it!

After this meeting, some folks will be heading over to City Museum where
Strange Loop is holding a party for some local users groups.