[ANNOUNCE] St. Louis Unix Users Group Annual Meeting ~ 8 February 2017

SLUUG Announcement List announce at sluug.org
Tue Feb 7 04:47:46 CST 2017

Annual Meeting on Wednesday - 8 February 2017

> http://www.sluug.org/

The St. Louis Unix Users Group (SLUUG) general meetings are usually on
the second Wednesday of each month.

We start the general meeting with a basic session; which may include
either simple tutorials, displays of newly discovered web sites, command
line wonders, demonstrations of useful applications, amazing graphical
packages, major resolution of long standing anomalies, blinking lights, or
quantum shifts in both time and space. Then we will have our usual quick
welcome, introduction, administrative announcements, and a Questions and
Answers Period. After all that, we take a break before our main event.

BASIC Session (starts at 6:30pm)
IPV6 Implementation by Dave Forrest

The MAIN presentation for February will be SciTech Implications of an
Open Systems Architecture by Bryce Meyer, Carnegie Mellon University

     * This will be an elaboration on his Jan 10th presentation at the
     recent American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics SciTech
     conference.

     * Expect about 20 slides from that and an additional ~20 from the Open
     Architecture class he teaches for CMU's Sftwr Engineering Institute.

     * Open Systems Architecture - Best practices, Verification, and
     Security

     * Come and hear from experienced OSA practitioners about various
     aspects of their own OSA efforts that were challenging or risky and
     which mitigation approaches emerged.

General Elections in February 2017

Members that had attended two or more of any of our sponsored meetings
(includes the general meeting, steering committee and Special Interest
Groups) during the 2016 calendar year are eligible to vote for the Board
members and nominate Officers that run our organization. Ballots will
be available at every SLUUG sponsored meeting through out the month
of February. Eligible members unable to attend can mail in an absentee
ballot to address shown at top of ballot.

There is one seat up for election to our 5 member board. It is for a 3
year term. Our Officers are appointed by the board; but, we traditionally
include an advisory vote on the ballot for these positions as well.  Also,
we will have our short OFFICIAL ANNUAL MEETING during the general SLUUG
meeting on the 2nd Wednesday in February at Graybar. This is a formality
in our bylaws. SLUUG is a 501(c)6 professional association corporation.